Friday 4 March 2011

feathers continued



Friday 18th Feb

So the process of Feathers has been going on now for the last two weeks. It is proving to be a very different experience in stage managing in comparison to other shows that I have worked on. The Director has a very interesting way of working spending most of the rehearsal time exploring different ways of doing things focusing on a lot of character development. The reason it is different for me is the fact I will have to put the book together in a week which is something I have never had to do as the script is still in the final stages of being cut and edited. We don't get to work in the theatre space that we will be performing in either as the producers have rented the Etcetera Theatre in Camden Town. Sarah and I will have to come up with a clever lighting design as there is a very limited number of lights only allowing you to create some hot and colds general cover and a very limited amount of specials. But everyone loves a challenge! We had some bad luck as our lighting designer, and the general designer dropped out. Therefore, I had to find help. Luckily Sarah Wroblewska has answered my prayers and together we are going to take on these roles. At the moment the struggle is finding wood to make stools at good price. I am baffled at how much wood can cost!
We are teching in two weeks and there is a hell of a lot to do. I was worried about the limitations of time but now I have Sarah on board and we can both give it 100% commitment I think it will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment